For those that are in love, Valentine’s Day is where you’re able to reflect on your love for each other by just remembering all the reasons you love them in the first place.
However, as a single person, when February 14 hits, you find yourself scrolling on social media looking at others being in love, and you view the holiday as a bitter moment. Well, just because you don’t have someone special to spend time with don’t mean you can’t still have fun.
So I’m listing 8 great things that you do for that night:
- Pamper Yourself. It never hurts to go get a pedicure, manicure, massage, or even a facial. Don’t be scared to use the special that most spas may have around this time! It’s always the best deals. Just grab another one of your single friends and take them with you.
- Do it up by having a Galentine’s Night with the girls. These are moments where you can reflect good memories with them. Make drinks, cook dinner, and laugh it up by watching some great comedy on Netflix.
- Unplug from social media and have a movie night! We all hate having to look at couples posting pictures and being all cute on social media that sometimes we can find ourselves frustrated. So for one night, get off ALL your social media and enjoy your time by yourself.
- Find a cooking or workout class to attend! It doesn’t hurt to learn some new cooking skills or to get a good sweat in on a nice cool Thursday night. I say treat it like any other day (lol).
- Go to Trader’s Joes and buy yourself some flowers, cook dinner, and grab a bottle of wine. Just because you don’t have someone to share the night with doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a nice dinner, with some beautiful flowers, and drink a glass of wine. Use those moments and just really reflect on your goals and some life changes you want to make.
- Travel. Take yourself a quick day trip or overnight trip and enjoy a new city.
- Read. Grab a good good book and really enjoy some reading. You may even get to finish reading a whole book in one night.
- Just really show yourself some love and do what you always wanted to do but your ex didn’t want too. The great things about the single life that you find yourself really enjoying.
So if you’re like me, single once again on Valentine’s Day; grab an idea from the list above and make it a tradition! Singles can celebrate February 14 too, and it’s some ideas for guys as well too so don’t feel left out!!
Follow me on my social media handles to stay updated!