I’m that person that would prefer to not cook and bring the deserts and drinks when the holidays roll around. So, if you are anything like me, I’m helping you out this year, and giving you some simple desert/drink recipes to make up in less than an hour, and you can keep them on the healthy side. You’ll thank me later!
Homemade Brownies. My absolute favorite. You can pretty much add anything in here and it will still be good, and it only take about 50 minutes to whip everything up. And to top it off, it only take 5 ingredients: eggs (4), cocoa powder (2/3 cups), flour (1 cup), granulated sugar (2 cups), and butter (2 sticks).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking dish with a parchment paper.
- Stir together the melted butter and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs, 2 at a time. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and stir until you have a smooth chocolate batter.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and bake for 27-32 minutes. **It should not be a running batter**
Caramel Apple Nachos. This is the one where you are like “we keeping this one straight-forwarded”. It’s delicious, and even the kiddies will love it! Grab you some apples, caramel sauce, nuts, and chocolate chips…you will be good!!
Cranberry Pineapple Punch. Oh my favorite during the holiday, and I’m a cranberry lover so it’s perfect! It can be a little tangy but this will depend on you, and how you choose to make the recipe. Grab a bottle of Cranberry Juice Cocktail (3 cups), Ginger Ale (4 cups), Canned Pineapple Juice (3 cups), Lime (1/2 sliced thinned), and Fresh or Frozen Cranberries (1/2 cup, prefer fresh).
- Get a large pitcher, stir together: cranberry juice, ginger ale, and pineapple juice
- Add the cranberries, lime, and some ice
And these next two…I’M TRYING THIS YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME! I’m sure it will be good though!!
Cranberry Mimosas. It just sounds perfect, and delicious! Plus, its three simple ingredients: cranberry juice, champagne, and fresh cranberries.
Strawberry Cake. I am a complete fan of strawberry cake! Especially if it has the right icing and all, like I could probably eat about half of one by myself. So pretty much the cake came about for Thanksgiving because my mom asked me to do it. Otherwise, I was going to skip out on that, lol! Here’s the ingredients: strawberries (1 pint), eggs (4), powdered sugar (2 cups), strawberry gelatin mix (3 oz. box), French vanilla cake mix, vanilla extract (1 tsp), vegetable oil (1 cup), butter (1/3 cup), cream cheese (1/2 block), milk (1 tbsp.), and water (1/4 cup). If you are interested in how I’m about to make this cake recipe up, make sure to follow me on Instagram, and check out my stories.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray baking dish, give strawberries a good rinse then gently dry with a paper towel. Remove stem and dice.
- Put the strawberries in a bag, crush them.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix with strawberry gelatin powder, and make sure to mix it until it’s combined
- Stir in oil, eggs, and water. Once combined, add in the strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and bake for about 30-33 minutes
- For the frosting:
- mix together the softened butter, and cream cheese. Make sure it is lump free, and creamy.
- Then mix in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add frosting to cake after cooling.