It can become very hard to cope when being stuck in the house everyday, all day so sometimes you lose what to do for yourself, and sometimes you are just unmotivated to do anything at all. So I have listed a few things below that can help you do something while you are sitting in the house during quarantine.
- Read a book that you been putting off for months. It’s so many books that I have been meaning to really read for a while now, but I never had time. Now that we are force to give ourselves time, I’m taking advantage of it and getting some reading done. It’s relaxing, and it gives you something else to focus on other than the COVID-19.
- Start taking care of your skin. Oh, this is always my all time favorite; to engage in self-care time through masking. I can do a mask a day and feel amazing. I have also been making that I drink plenty plenty of water so my skin won’t fall short. Try a different mask at least twice a week. Walmart and Target is my spot for that.
- Give your body what it needs and not what it wants. Of course, it’s hard to stay away from the snacks when you are just lounging around all day but I’ve made a routine for myself in the mornings when I get off that it has become easy to manage, and plus I’m sleeping most of the day to catch sleep for work. Cook healthier meals (try new recipes), drink more water, limit yourself to snacking, and stay active while in the house (like maybe going walking, or enjoying a little dance from Youtube).
- Set goals for yourself for the next couple of months. Even though it is hard to see how the next couple of months are going to go, you can still take time and set some goals you being wanting to accomplish. I have my goals set, and I’m ready to work. I’ve also been keeping a positive mindset going into each day by just taking one day at a time.
- Spend some time with God. This is the most important thing in my book when giving yourself some self-care. I’ve been constantly working on making sure that I engage with God on a more personal level during this time. Working two jobs, and balancing a new relationship; I have found that I have been struggling with giving God my time. So I want to make sure that I’m constantly working on this each day by journaling, reading the Bible, listening to sermons, engaging with other believers, and praying.
- Lay around and watch some Netflix or Hulu. It’s nothing wrong with not doing nothing at all. This the best time to catch up on all of your shows, and really enjoy your home. I don’t see how laying in my bed each day is a crime. It gives my body the rest that it needs, and plus I can still work while doing both (lol).
- Do something out of your comfort zone. I started putting a puzzle together this past weekend. It’s not something I would normally do when living a normal life but because I know it’s therapeutic and I have time, why not do something different for a change. Challenge yourself to do something you wouldn’t normally do doing this time.
- Start spring cleaning. Just start getting it out of the way. Start organizing things you been putting off. Start cleaning out cluttered areas. Change your room around. Become more organize with things that are around you. So when you do go back to work, traveling, and not being home as much when you come home you will be able to really relax.